Thursday, October 16, 2008

Web browsers

What is the best web browser? This is a question in many people's mind. what it seems to me is that it is an issue of your personal preferences and the work you are going perform on internet.

In this blog I'm not going tell you which one is the best browser. But I would like to write down some thoughts and memories of web browsers I have played around.

Internet explorer was the first web browser I ever used. Then it was version 5 or 6. The biggest issue I ever faced was that only one page could be open per window. So while you are browsing, the desktop gets highly unmanageable after opening 4-5 web pages.

Then I came across mozilla web browser. I repeat mozilla web browser not mozilla firefox. This carried a logo of a some monster like animal (I guess it is mozilla). Mozilla was the place I came across tabbed browsing.

Then I enbraced my personal favourite mozilla firefox. Firefox has a big advantage that you can customize it with add ons as you like.

Opera is another browser I have worked. I found 2 fascinating features in it. One is it has quick dial pad. That is you can store thumbnails of web pages you frequently visit and with one click you can access them. Second one is once you open the opera window, previous tabs are open automatically.

I recently started trying google chrome. It gives you a huge space to view the web page as its various bars (addess, status, menu, tool) are minimized

No comments: